I can’t believe it’s been two months since I’ve posted anything! Jeesh! I’d say I’m sorry but I’m really not. You see, I’ve been trying to soak up every minute with my baby, so I would never take that back. 🙂
I’d like to officially introduce you to the newest man in my life…
Being that I haven’t updated in so long, here’s a little recap on this handsome little devil.
2 Weeks: 10.0 lbs / 22 inches
5 Weeks: 13 lbs / 24 inches
8 Weeks: 14.2 lbs / 25.5 inches
- Sleep Habits: Gets a bath between 9-9:30 every night. Gets up once during the night usually between 3-5am, eats and then goes straight back to sleep. We’ve had a couple of nights where he’ll sleep for 7-8.5 hours – hopefully those become more the norm. He is still sleeping in our room in our co-sleeper bassinet. He’s growing so fast that he will probably outgrow that quite soon. We are able to put him down for naps while he is still awake, but drowsy and he’ll put himself to sleep. Another thing that I hope continues to work in the future.
- Eating Habits: Kolsen has no problem in this department 🙂 He eats anywhere from about 22-30 ounces a day. He is fed on demand which usually works out to be right before or after he naps. Instead of a few large feedings during the day, he eats smaller ones.
- Loves: Kicking, punching, and “talking”. I think he’s starting to hear and recognize his own voice, so it’s fun to see him interact with us when we talk to him. He is a very active baby, but he is also content too. He is perfectly happy (and sometimes would prefer) to just lay down under his play gym and move around rather than being held all of the time. He loves sticking his tongue out, so if you do that to him, he tries to replicate it. He loves sucking on his fist…yep, you read that right. Not a finger or thumb, but his entire fist. I don’t know if he loves bath time, but he certainly doesn’t hate it. He’s very content during that time; just hanging out, relaxing. He’s an awesome car rider! Usually falls asleep within minutes or just peacefully looks out the windows. He loves watching tv (limited of course). If we’re at a restaurant or something, his eyes are glued on it. Same with lights or fans on the ceiling, just fascinated with them.
- Hates: Waiting for his bottles to be heated up. Being held when he wants to play. Laying in his boppy – he used to love it, but not a fan anymore.
Other things to note:
- He now recognizes me and Jake – we get a big gummy smile that just melts my heart. The other day, my grandma Sako was over and he really seemed to like her – full of smiles and “talking” a lot to her. Priceless. Perma smile on this Momma’s face 🙂
- Working on head control. Doesn’t seem to love tummy time, but if you hold him upright, all he wants to do is look around and hold his head up. We’ll get there!
- Henry is now getting protective of him which is a good and bad thing. Good because he likes Kolsen, bad because it’s even towards Jake and I at times. That first week we were home with Kolsen, Henry stopped eating. My Mom and Jake would get on the floor with him and try to hand feed him and he didn’t even want that. So going from that to protective – we’ve come a long way in 2 months.
Here are some pictures from over the past month:
I just can’t get enough of him ❤